Friday, March 20, 2009

Wedding bands...

So.

*My* wedding band was ready about 2.5 weeks after it went in to the studio. The diamonds came in from Boston. Those took 3 days to ship. The ring is a near perfect match to my engagement ring.

Getting Nathan's wedding band done....is another story all together. Apparently, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get a white/red/white gold 11.0mm wide comfort fit band made:

Early February: I send in a request for a quote to have Nathan's band made up by the studio. Now word back for 2 weeks. Faxed it through again and got word back the same day from Cindy that: "Oh, we don't do that, Imperial will do that." Why the HELL doesn't anyone tell me this for the two weeks that have gone by?

Mid February: Fax Imperial with same exact description for the band. A fax comes through a few days later for a white/red/yellow band with a note that they don't solder tri-coloured bands together. The hell? Tri-coloured? Are these people literate? Turns out, no they aren't. Spoke with one of the bubble-brains and had them redo the quote for the PROPER ring colours. Get the proper quote the same day, tell them to move ahead with it. Ahhh...all is right in my world.

Beginning of March: Imperial calls - they can't do the inside round like they QUOTED me TWO and a half WEEKS previous when I gave the go-ahead. Fine - my ;client; is right pissed off that it took two weeks after he gave the deposit and the go-ahead and now they re-neg on their contract. Fuck.

Mid-March: (now-ish) Faxed BACK to the studio for our designer to get a quote on making it. If anyone can figure this out, she can. Also faxed another company in Quebec on the off chance that they could give me a quote for what I want.

Today: Got off the phone with the studio designer - order the rings from Imperial. Have them do the bands, solder them together, and do the grooves on the outside. Then have it sent to the studio to have them round out the inside.

Damn - I feel like I'm running around in an Abbot and Costello skit.

No comments: