Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Venue



Yup - got the venue for the ceremony all booked. See? Nathan's holding it for us.

As usual, Nathan was right from the get-go. I was thinking about the area by the cute little heritage schoolhouse, he was thinking about a gazebo or little pond I had no memory of. Of course, my memory extends as far as grade 6 (I think) slogging through the marshy area to examine pond life (and do you think for one second that this gal took to the cloudy waters in her bare feet like she was instructed? Hells no. Not on my life - there were *things* in there that I could actually see....skittering about), and to the horse trails that Dallas and I would ride...back in grade 11.

Sooo....it's been a while.

Nathan scouted the area after I'd put my application to hold a ceremony in the park - and I spoke with the G.V.R.D. lady today to request a slight change in venue. She had absolutely no problem with the change and, in fact, encouraged the area we had now chosen to be the spot we get married at.

Here's the little schoolhouse area - note the lack of any shelter should it rain (though, I'd be that annoying person who doesn't care if I get rained on at my own wedding).

And here's the new, improved venue!

Did I mention there's the cutest little bridge that goes over the stream that leads into the duck pond?

No comments: